Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Pregnancy Hair Problems: Addressing Those Common Pregnancy Hair Issues

Whether it is hair loss, extra grease, or changes in colour, pregnancy hair problems can be quite the faff when you are expecting. Okay, so you are technically given a lot of license to just scrape it back and get on with it, and taking advantage of that is awesome. However, there may be some days when you feel the need to address those pregnancy hair problems directly, and that is cool too.

Pregnancy Hair Loss

Whether you are pregnant or not, your hair moves between two phases. For 90% of the time, it is growing. The other 10% is spent resting. During pregnancy, your hair spends more time in that resting phase, hence the increased chance of hair loss. Most women experience pregnancy hair loss after giving birth, but others experience it before.

While this process is not unavoidable, there are ways that you can minimise the hair loss you experience as a result of pregnancy. Maintaining a healthy diet balanced with plenty of fruit and veg can increase hair growth, offsetting loss. Get your ends trimmed once a month to minimise physical stresses, and engage in relaxing

Greasy Pregnancy Hair

Another common problem women experience during pregnancy is their hair becomes more greasy. While this is not something that everybody will fall foul to, it can be quite irritating for a select few. The reasons for this are multifaceted; they range from hormonal changes, to simply sweating more while you walk, go about your daily activities, and sleep.

If you do not wash your hair every day, changing your routine so that you have to do this can be quite irritating. Even those who do have to wash their hair on a daily basis will find that greasy pregnancy hair is quite a pain in the backside. There really are no simple solutions to this one other than washing using a mild shampoo, and using talc or dry shampoo for those days when you do not want to wash all over again. If you condition, only use it for the lower half of your hair, and instead revert to using a mask once a week.

External Articles You May Find Useful:

Emma's Diary: Body Changes During Pregnancy

LiveStrong: Oily Hair During Pregnancy

Why not try...

Kerastase Homme Soin Capital Force Anti Oiliness Spray